Supporter Services and Systems Manager
Who are we?
Islamic Relief Australia works within the Islamic Relief federation to deliver high-quality aid and development projects in line with our aims of alleviating suffering and ending poverty and inequality for all people around the world.
We are a non-proselytising, non-sectarian faith-based NGO. Our Islamic values of compassion, excellence, social justice, custodianship, and sincerity inspire the work we do and inform our organisational culture.
We are a small, friendly, and passionate team based in Auburn, Western Sydney with a fundraising and awareness-raising focus. We are proud to be an Australian NGO, work to uphold the ACFID Code of Conduct, and work within DFAT compliance requirements.
We are proud to be a child-safe organisation, and require all staff to comply with our Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Who are we looking for?
A team leader who has great customer service experience and can ensure that donors are receiving excellent customer services as well as maintaining the integrity of data and information in all our supporter services systems. You will be overseeing all customer services provided to current and potential donors as well as ensuring that we meet all our compliance and ethical obligations.
You have a strong commitment to our Islamic values and are passionate about making a difference and easing suffering globally. You take a professional, friendly, and enthusiastic approach to your work.
- Provide Leadership and management for the supporter services team.
- Provide strategic direction, create an annual plans, and develop relevant procedures.
- Deliver excellent donor services: Oversee the IRAUS supporter Journey from Acquisition, throughout the donor lifecycle and value over time.
- Database and systems management, oversee the Raisers’ Edge CRM and its development and integrations with all relevant systems.
- Fundraising, Moves Management and Prospecting, Supporting the FCR Director, Fundraising Manager and key stakeholders in the development and implementation of the Prospecting and Moves Management systems for IRAUS to achieve its fundraising Goals and Objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Graduate qualification in information technology, system administration, database administration, customer service, or other relevant fields.
- Expert technical knowledge of CRMs
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role in the Not-for-Profit or social justice sector in Australia
- Excellent time management and organisational skills i.e. ability to prioritise and plan work, set and achieve deadlines, establish and maintain monitoring systems, etc.
- Strong facilitation and networking skills to build and manage diverse internal and external relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the demonstrated ability to produce compelling and persuasive communications and “calls to action”. Additional relevant language skills will be highly regarded.
- Cross-cultural communication skills and knowledge of Islamic faith values and faith-inspired giving.
- Engaging interpersonal skills and an ability to provide effective staff/volunteer supervision and technical assistance and coaching support to a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Excellent analysis and reporting abilities; ability to independently assess needs and develop creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative where procedures are not clearly defined.
For more information, please refer to the attached Job Description
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia
Islamic Relief is a child safe organisation committed to protection of people we serve. Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable and aligned with our standards on the safety of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. All appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.
We promote diversity and equality in all our practices. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.