RECEPTIONIST & DONOR SERVICES OFFICER NSW BASED
WHO ARE WE?
Islamic Relief Australia works within the Islamic Relief federation to deliver high-quality aid and development projects in line with our aims of alleviating suffering and ending poverty and inequality for all people around the world.
We are a non-proselytising, non-sectarian faith based NGO. Our Islamic values of compassion, excellence, social justice, custodianship and sincerity inspires the work we do and informs our organisational culture.
We are a small, friendly and passionate team based in Auburn, Western Sydney with a fundraising and awareness-raising focus. We are proud to be an Australian NGO, and work to uphold the ACFID Code of Conduct and work within DFAT compliance requirements.
We are proud to be a child-safe organisation, and require all staff to comply with our Child Protection Code of Conduct.WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?A people person who has great customer service skills and loves working as the first point of contact for the organisation. You are able to deliver excellent customer service to our donors and act as our main receptionist. You will support the Corporate Services team in creating an excellent office environment, and provide administrative support to the Executive team. You have a strong commitment to our Islamic values, and are passionate about making a difference and easing suffering globally. You take a professional, friendly and enthusiastic approach to your work.
- Main Office Receptionist.
- Provide admin assistance to executive team.
- The ‘first port of call’ for all donor enquiries.
- Deliver outstanding donor support using developed listening skills, attention to detail, thoroughness and empathy.
- Maintain database records.
- Perform data import and export, identification of donor profiles and giving patterns for the selection and use of data for targeted campaigns, and donor acknowledgement.
- Minimise attrition of regular donors through strong communication skills.
- Working to high standards to ensure donor communication is delivered promptly and accurately
- Provide donor care and assistance by phone, mail and email.
- Process donations; including receipting and banking.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry, filing and letter preparation.
- Provide specialised care to major donors and regular givers, including keeping records of major donor activities, making thank you calls, issuing thank you cards, welcome letters and processing annual receipts for regular givers
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE (SELECTION CRITERIA):
- Any qualifications in administration, customer service, marketing, communications, community development or other relevant field will be advantages
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer/supporter services/relationship management role.
- Experience working with a relational database or other data management systems.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional relevant language skills will be highly regarded;
- Cross cultural communication skills and knowledge of Islamic faith values;
- Proven high level of customer service and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in office administration and / or data entry work.
Islamic Relief (IR) promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. We will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf if you are selected.
Please note, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in Australia.
To apply for this position, please submit a covering letter addressing the key responsibilities and duties of the position, as well as your Resume / CV to: email@example.com
For more information please refer to the attached Job Description.JOB DESCRIPTION