Director of Corporate Services and Organisational Development
Who are we?
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development agency striving to alleviate poverty and suffering around the world regardless of colour, race or religion.
Established in 1984 in response to the widespread famine in Africa, Islamic Relief has grown to be a well-known and respected aid agency providing disaster relief and supporting the sustainable development of vulnerable communities in over 30 countries. Islamic Relief specialises in Education & Training, Health and Nutrition, Water & Sanitation, Income Generation, Orphans’ Support, Emergency Relief and Disaster Preparedness.
Islamic Relief is a member of the UK Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) and is an implementing partner for DFID, ECHO, the World Food Programme and UNHCR. Islamic Relief Australia (IRAUS) is a legally separate and independent member of the global Islamic Relief federation of collaborating relief organisations that share a common vision, mission, and family identity, and all of which use the term “Islamic Relief” as part of their organisational name.
Islamic Relief Australia has an annual turnover of approximately $10 million and employs 19 staff and over 150 volunteers throughout Australian to support local and international emergency, welfare and development projects, as well as fundraising and advocacy work.
Islamic Relief Australia is an active member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and adheres to the ACFID Code of Conduct which defines minimum standards of governance, management and accountability of development for non-government organisations (NGOs).
Who are we looking for?
IRAUS is recruiting for the position of Director of Corporate Services and Organisational Development for an 8-month maternity leave contract.
The Director Corporate Services position leads and manages the IRAUS Corporate Services Department to achieve its intended outcomes as well as deliver efficient and effective services in the areas of finance, information communications technology, human resources management, administration, property and facilities, as well as planning, organisational development and performance management.
The Director Corporate Services position is a hands-on role, which is critical to the effective functioning of the organisation and has day to day oversight of all aspects of corporate governance and management. The position ensures that robust integrated management frameworks are operating effectively throughout the organisation to enable achievement of the IRAUS Strategic Objectives and annual plans and budgets and key performance indicators.
The Director Corporate Services is part of the Executive Committee (Senior Leadership Team) for Islamic Relief Australia, responsible for overseeing the work of the organisation in compliance with the directives of the Board of Trustees. All positions are required to work in respect of Islamic Relief’s vision, mission and values, and demonstrate our principles of humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment towards all internal and external stakeholders.
- Leadership and management of the Corporate Services and Organisational Development department
- Planning and strategic direction
- Policy and technical advice
- Compliance, risk and audit
- Effective management and oversight of information communications technology functions
- Effective management and oversight of finance and administration functions
- Effective management and oversight of human resource management functions
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Significant previous experience in a similar role
- Tertiary education relevant to the sector (postgraduate qualifications will be highly regarded) MBA or CPA preferred
- Strong leadership and management skills in a complex multi-disciplinary organisation in a climate of continuous change
- Demonstrated high level ability to analyse and conceptualise problems and formulate and execute solutions
- Experience in the effective development and implementation of change management initiatives
- Demonstrated capacity for teamwork, coaching and staff development
- Significant managerial experience and a successful track record of managing departments to achieve strategic objectives and operational targets
- Excellent cross cultural communication skills as well as a good knowledge and respect of the Islamic faith and values
- Previous experience working within the ACFID code of conduct is desirable and knowledge of the Department of Foreign Affairs ANCP program will be highly regarded
For more information, please refer to the attached Job Description
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia
Islamic Relief is a child safe organisation committed to protection of people we serve. Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable and aligned with our standards on the safety of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. All appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.
We promote diversity and equality in all our practices. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.