Who are we?
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development agency striving to alleviate poverty and suffering around the world regardless of colour, race or religion.
Established in 1984 in response to the widespread famine in Africa, Islamic Relief has grown to be a well-known and respected aid agency providing disaster relief and supporting the sustainable development of vulnerable communities in over 40 countries. Islamic Relief specializes in Education and training, Health and Nutrition, Water and sanitation, Income Generation, Orphans’ Support, Emergency Relief, and Disaster Preparedness.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is a member of the UK Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) and is an implementing partner for DFID, ECHO, the World Food Programme, and UNHCR. Islamic Relief Australia (IRAUS) is a member of the Islamic Relief family which shares a common vision, mission, and family identity, and all of whom use the term “Islamic Relief” as part of their organizational name.
Islamic Relief Australia has an annual turnover of approximately $14 million and employs 15 staff and over 150 volunteers throughout Australia to support local and international emergency, welfare and development projects, as well as fundraising and advocacy work. Islamic Relief Australia is an active member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and adheres to the ACFID Code of Conduct which defines minimum standards of governance, management and accountability of development for non-government organizations (NGOs).
Who are we looking for?
The Copywriter is a key contributor to Islamic Relief Australia’s marketing and communications team, responsible for creating compelling and impactful written content. This role plays a crucial part in shaping the organization’s narrative, ensuring alignment with the mission, vision, and brand. The Copywriter collaborates with various team members to produce a diverse range of content, including blogs, social media posts, advertising copy, and more, contributing to the organization’s outreach, engagement, and overall success in promoting humanitarian efforts.
- Conceptualize and produce text-based and visual content, including blogs, infographics, explainer videos, advertising copy, scripts, case studies, social media content, talking points, direct mail pieces, web content, mass emails, and outward-facing publica3ons.
- Develop content for blogs, infographics, explainer videos, advertising copy, scripts, case studies, social media, and more.
- Optimize written content for search engines (SEO) to enhance online visibility and improve organic search rankings.
- Ensure regular updates to web pages with fresh and relevant content, adhering to SEO best practices.
- Lead the education process for weekly e-newsletters, seasonal publications, annual reports, direct mail pieces, and general print materials.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to implement and maintain successful and up-to-date content campaigns.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure content accuracy and adherence to related policies and guidelines.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong command of AP Style.
- Competent in editorial principles and techniques of communication information.
- Strong editing, summary writing, and proofreading skills.
- Fluent in the English language, including grammar, structure, punctua3on, and spelling
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and layout experience is a plus
For more information, please refer to the attached Job Description
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia
Islamic Relief is a child safe organisation committed to protection of people we serve. Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to ensure we only recruit people who are suitable and aligned with our standards on the safety of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. All appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.
We promote diversity and equality in all our practices. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.