COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & FUNDRAISING OFFICER | Melbourne
WHO ARE WE?
Islamic Relief Australia (IRAUS) is one of Australia’s fastest growing and innovative humanitarian and development organisations. We are a non-proselytising, non-sectarian faith-based NGO, committed to providing life-saving relief in times of emergency and to providing sustainable development opportunities to vulnerable communities worldwide. Our Islamic values of compassion, excellence, social justice, custodianship and sincerity inspires the work we do and informs our organisational culture. We provide support to vulnerable communities regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief.
We are a member of the global Islamic Relief family of collaborating relief organisations that share a common vision, mission, and family identity, and all of which use the term “Islamic Relief” as part of their organisational name.
IRAUS is an active member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and adheres to the ACFID Code of Conduct which defines minimum standards of governance, management and accountability of development for non-government organisations (NGOs).
Our head office is located in Sydney and we are going through a period of transformative change with a growing portfolio of staff, volunteers and constituents across Australia, currently focussing on Victoria and Queensland.
- Are you a people person with strong ties within the Victorian Muslim Community?
- Do you thrive on developing relationships with donors and potential program partner organisations?
- Are you a fundraiser with proven ability to meet and exceed fundraising targets through quality professional inter-personal relationships?
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU – WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU TODAY!
Islamic Relief Australia is looking for that unique individual who can support our fundraising and community relations activities in Victoria, based in our office in Coolaroo.
You will be looking after a current group of committed donors and working with them to secure income for our programs both in-Australia and overseas. This group is a starting point for you to grow our donor and supporter base in Victoria to help meet the income goals in our Strategic Plan 2018-2022.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE EXPECT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Qualifications or professional experience in fundraising, marketing, communications, community development or other relevant field;
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the CALD and Muslim community in Melbourne and beyond to include regional Victoria;
- Knowledge and understanding of the not-for-profit sector in Australia;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work with competing priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (relevant languages in addition to English will be highly regarded);
- Cross-cultural communication skills and knowledge of Islamic faith values;
- Experience in front office & administrative tasks will be advantageous.
- Experience in organising and managing events, as well as mobilising volunteers for social justice work;
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Superannuation and salary packaging is additional to base salary.
Islamic Relief (IR) promotes equality and meritocracy and seeks individuals who are inspired by our values and capable of working within our Code of Conduct and policy standards on Anti-Corruption and Child Protection. We will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf if you are selected.
Please note, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to work in Australia.