COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER/NSW BASED
WHY ISLAMIC RELIEF AUSTRALIA?
If you are looking to join a passionate, creative and energetic Communications and Marketing team that is dedicated to ending global suffering… then look no further!
Islamic Relief Australia is a member of Islamic Relief Worldwide; a leading international charity dedicated to fighting poverty, alleviating the suffering of people globally and overcoming injustice of all kinds. We seek to improve the lives of some of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people through relief, development and advocacy work. We promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, providing a lifeline to those who need it most when the crisis hits.
We have an annual turnover of almost $10m, employ 19 staff and have over 150 dedicated volunteers who support us in our mission. And we’re growing!
When you join Islamic Relief, you’ll become part of a rich, 37-year history. Our Communications and Marking team, a part of the broader Fundraising and Community Relations (FCR) department, is passionate about reaching the hearts of new and existing supporters, and are experts in their field – creating impactful communications that engage audiences, inspire action and encourage others to join our mission.
We’re a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and adhere to the ACFID Code of Conduct which defines minimum standards of governance, management and accountability of development for NGOs.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
You’re a talented Communications professional with a knack for crafting powerful stories to inspire audiences; driving communications and marketing strategies that engage and build brand awareness; and creating innovative campaign concepts to deliver fundraising objectives!
You’re a team player with proven leadership skills and the ability to lead a high-performing and diverse team – you’ll be managing our current Marketing Coordinator and a suite of external contractors. You’ll also use your strong interpersonal skills to collaborate and connect with others, not only within the team you lead, but also across the organisation.
As a specialist in PR/comms, you’ll develop communications that build supporter loyalty and brand trust, and provide expert advice to the CEO, Board of Trustees and Executive team. You’ll also work closely with our Programs and Institutional Relations team to develop engaging content to educate our donors and rally support for our advocacy work.
Last but not least, you’re passionate about our mission to end global suffering, and determined to make a positive social impact.
From supporting your team in the creation and implementation of compelling communications and marketing strategies to establishing and nurturing best practice communication across the organisation and your team, no two working days will ever be the same.
This is a unique opportunity to bring your skills and experience to an organisation that is in a phase of strategic change and growth.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong affiliation with and knowledge of the NGO sector gained through experience with another relief and development agency, NGO, education institution, charity or like-minded organisation (NFP or corporate).
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and lead a small, diverse team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in PR/Comms with highly developed writing skills and the ability to write for different audiences and platforms (e.g. speechwriting for the CEO, producing high-level stakeholder communications, writing annual reports, developing news articles and blogs, crafting copy for ads, social media etc. You will also have an established network of sector and media contacts that you have developed throughout your career.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian Muslim community, the Islamic faith and faith-inspired giving with strong cross-cultural communication skills.
- A sound understanding of social media and how it works, as well as knowledge of traditional print production processes.
The successful candidate will also have the following skills/qualifications:
Tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing, journalism or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a senior marketing or communications role in the not-for-profit or social justice sector in Australia.
- Highly ethical and respectful towards the organisation’s Islamic values and culture, its staff, volunteers and all stakeholders.
Islamic Relief Australia offers flexible working arrangements, generous salary packaging and sector competitive remunerations in a welcoming, team-oriented working environment.
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy and seeks individuals who agree with our values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. We may carry out screening and reference checks for shortlisted candidates.
Please note, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in Australia.
Enquiries regarding the role can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Communications Manager.